SC - OT: Accent

Jeanne Stapleton apiskp at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 12:05:05 PDT 2000

- --- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:

> Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > It should.  Truth to tell, I haven't had total
> success with Accent.
> > Phillipa
> > <<
> >  In that case, would papaya extract or juice do
> the trick? The papain is
> >  the main ingredient in many meat tenderizers...
> >>

> Accent isn't a tenderizer- it's mostly MSG. Adolph's
> has a meat
> tenderizer, though I can't remember the name of it,
> and it is mostly
> papain and citric acid, IIRC. If I need to tenderize
> something, I
> generally marinade (vinegar, whatever) or for
> chicken I use lime juice.
>
> Pet stain remover? Would that do for blood? What
> about laundry products?
>
> 'Lainie

Useful thing to know about Accent:  if you hike or
travel in rattlesnake country, can make an emergency
temporary venom deterrent--breaks down protein, and
rattlesnake venom is mostly (or all--can't recall,
am not a biochemist myself) protein.  Recommended
method of application:  mix into a paste with saliva,
pack into slashed wound.  It'll slow down the effects
if you act quickly enough.

Berengaria

(Ref:  speaker from Arizona Parks Dept. in high school
before specimen identifying field trip in science
class.)