SC - 100's and 1000's (was Re: upholstery)

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Aug 14 10:44:51 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Leanna
> Pardon my ignorance, but what are 100's & 1000's?

Sorry, I sometimes forget the language difficulties!  100's and 1000's are
small round sprinkles.  They are a little hard to the bite, unlike "dollars"
(I think that this is a brand name - and, in fact, that may be true for
hundreds and thousands) which are small, long and very soft.  Basically,
they are tiny, multi-coloured (my mother tried to convince me years ago that
they were each individually painted - some years ago my Lady tried to
convince our daughter of a similar thing!) cachous.  They are used to make
that children's party standard "fairy bread" - white bread and margarine
well sprinkled with 100's and 1000's and then cut into triangles (the best
way to make sure that the bread gets well topped is to "butter" the bread
and then push it down onto a plateful of sprinkles).

Gwynydd (who has just remembered that she forgot to give a name for the
icecream and scotch cocktail.  Mum called it a "Don Pedro")