SC - War leftovers

sdrake steldr at home.net
Wed Aug 16 10:43:57 PDT 2000

I decided to try to candy some ginger last week - I aparently greatly
underestimated the cooking time and finally put it away and went to bed -
but I used the sugar syrup to make lemonade - everyone really liked it -
said it was very refreshing.......  I made an orange cordial using oranges
that were left over from the rained out gulf wars - they had a huge bucket
of them and some of them were starting to get green and fuzzy so I made them
give them to me (instead of trashing them) - it's a nice cordial, semi
screwdriverish but people like it.  I also made a grape cordial using the
leftover gallon container of grape jelly from gulf wars.  It took almost 2
years of maceration for the jelly to break down enough but it's really good.
I call it Gulf Wars Grape.

Mercedes