SC - Pims and heresy.

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 11:38:51 PDT 2000

- --- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:

> Raspberries belong en Gateau. If you want
> raspberries, I'm sure I can
> give them to you! :-P :-P :-P !
>
> ;-D
> 'Lainie

Thank you for the Oregon raspberries!  I prefer to
trifle with my raspberries.  And as I said before, I
prefer the Holy Orange Pims.

And lest anyone call me a spoon tease, I give you this
Quick & Heretical Trifle recipe:

1 small box vanilla instant pudding
1 package [not box] Dream Whip
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 or 3 packages plain ladyfingers
1 cup or so sherry (depending on how liberal you are)
2 pints raspberries (preferably fresh, but frozen ok)

Mix first 5 ingredients in bowl with slow mixer.  When
ingredients are mixed well, then turn mixer up to high
speed and whip at least 5 minutes or until mixture
begins to thicken.

Open ladyfinger packages and separate tops from
bottoms, but leave individual fingers together.
Liberally sprinkle all with sherry.  Take a large
straight-sided glass bowl and line sides and bottom
with sprinkled ladyfingers.  There should be some
ladyfingers left over.

Wash raspberries & drain.  Pour half pudding mixture
into lined bowl. Cover with half of raspberries.
Cover this with remaining ladyfingers.  Pour in
remaining pudding mixture and cover with remaining
raspberries.  Chill at least one hour before serving.

Prep time: 1/2 hour + 1 hour for chilling.  Serves
6-12 people.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.