SC - Feast entertainment

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Aug 17 16:32:34 PDT 2000

><< And that's another tiny peeve of mine:  I don't think
> there should be back-to-back entertainment all evening
> that completely usurps any opportunity for conversa-
> tion.   >>
>
>Entertainment at medieval feasts was for the most part in between courses
>and/or music (*vocal or instrumental) was used as background music. The
>'entertainers should not expect to be 'listened' to if they perform during
>the feast. That is (or was) not their function. The diners should realize
>they need not listen and continue with their conversations.
>
>Ras

Gotta admit, I agree with this one.  It's hard to do though, as there are a lot
of people in the SCA (Lochac is my experience base here) who turn up for 'A
dinner and floorshow', (while I'm not happy unless I'm working my butt off
somewhere, usually in the Kitchen) so there's a culture shift required IMHO.

Cheers,

Drake.