SC - History of Food

Sat Aug 19 19:13:43 PDT 2000

I like Toussaint-Samat for casual reading.  There is a bunch of good
information, but the writing is Francocentric and stresses the "French
connection."  I've spotted the occasional error and (IIRC) some of the work
based on archeological evidence is debatable.  At $5 it's a good buy.  If
this is a HB, then it sounds like B&N is remaindering a print run they used
to distribute at $19.95.

Bear