SC - Haggis and Strawberries

Black Jade Black_Jade at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 21 00:40:48 PDT 2000

  She agreed with this list and added big,
>red strawberries because she had heard that strawberries as we know them are
>more a New World food and that the ones people in Europe would have been
>eating would have been the small wild strawberries.
>
>Any opinions (particularly backed up with documentation!)?

My response to this would be "Aww diddums!" and serve the strawberreis in
whatever size they come to me in.  I'm not going to wade through several
punnets of expensive strawberries to serve only the smallest.
IMHO this person is being far too picky about what may ruin the 'feel' of a
feast  Isn't a strawberry a strawberry enough? or has the task of
documenting strawberries become a whole lot more difficult, tracing species
and variety back to to whenever.  To me...thats a task for a gardener, not
a cook.

Just my 2 cents worth
- -A'adeema

Just my 2c worth