SC - Haggis and Strawberries

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 10:15:59 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/20/00 11:03:29 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:

<< I was having a discussion with a (non-cook) SCA friend and she mentioned
 that she felt that Haggis would have only been a peasant dish in period (her
 grandparents were Scottish and she says they never ate Haggis partly for
 this reason). >>

And my Irish born hubby swears it was a bet, as in "Bet a quid you won't eat
that!".... As far as the strawberries go, just on an aside but not really
documentation, I just ordered strawberries for my garden from a garden
catalog. The large "king" berries are classed as "American King Strawberries"
and measure their fruit at about 2" to 3" in good soil. The Eurpopean berries
are called just about everything else (London Best, stands out) and measure
only 1/2" to 1-1/2" fruit. So, I would **suspect** that there is some truth
to this idea.

Lars