SC - OT - need advice about vinyl inflatable beds

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 10:51:28 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/21/00 9:17:21 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Seton1355 at aol.com writes:

<< Has anyone ever used a vinyl inflatable bed?  Are they any good?  Do you
 think they will last long or do you think they will get a puncture in them?
 Any advice, much appreciated.
 Thanks
 Phillipa >>

We did both for several years, the futon and the vinyl bed, for wars. Not at
the same time. We took Futon, which was comfy and cool and had no problems,
but storage was a pain. Also, if the floor is wet, you get wet bed. The vinyl
was wonderful in that if you get one with the flocked top they don't suck the
cold up from floor and pass on to you in the bed; which is the most common
gripe. I've slept on one now for several years at war, and when staying at
friends houses in San Francisco. They are quite warm, comfy, and easily
store. You might have to refill them with air over several days time as temp
changes will cause them to lose some bouncyness; as will bouncyness of the
people using the bed. But in the instant set kind, that is not a big deal. We
even used inflatable pillows. We have two dogs, four cats, and an assortment
of kids who run with scissors. I've never had any punctures. But, I also keep
a waterbed patch kit with me, just in case.

Lars