SC - Inflatable Vinyl Mattresses

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Tue Aug 22 06:26:18 PDT 2000

I've used inflatable air mattresses over the years, oif various brands, and
I've found that if you get a good one and take care of it, it will last you
quite a while. My current one, so far, lasted half of last Pennsic, and both
weeks of this one with two people on ot (it's Queen size) and the only thing
I had to do was inflate it a bit more the second week- I think the vinyl
stretches a bit with weight and, um, activity ;-)

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that they can drain heat from your
body if you don't have a pad of some sort between you and it, even the ones
with the velveteen on one side. All the velveteen does is prevent covers
from slipping so much. For Pennsic, I use a furniture pad on the bottom,
then layer several covers on top- that way, you can snuggle in under as many
layers as you need to in order to keep warm. A warm companion helps, too ;-)
This was the coldest, wettest Pennsic I've ever been to.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous