SC - cubeb berries / grains of paradise

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Tue Aug 22 20:43:00 PDT 2000

>Anyone here know of a good supplier for either cubeb berries or grains of
>paradise?  I used to have a cubeb supplier, but they stopped carrying the
>stuff (possibly because I was the only purchaser...)
>
>I love cubebs in stews, period or not.
>
>-- Maegeathe Artema Leonides.

Well, I just call up Tony at World of Spices in Seattle and tell them what
I want, and they ship it to me with the bill (I don't have a credit card).
They carry the usual, cubebs to long pepper, as well as full line of far
eastern spices. It's located in Pike's Market on the waterfront. Great
place. Been going there on visits on and off for 20 years, found originally
before I was in the SCA and just liked to cook.

There's a spice merchant who goes to Pennsic on this list also (my
apologies, I don't have the name handy, Francesco something), who also
carries most of what you'd want. Someone else will be post his info, also,
I'm sure.

Morgana

World of Spices:

telephone: 206.682.7274

fax: 206.622.7564

snailmail:1509 Western Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101

Information & catalogs requests: wsm at worldspice.com
Webmaster: hill at worldspice.com

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     morgana at gci.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson