SC - Non-member submission - Pennsic

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Aug 23 08:15:15 PDT 2000

Subject: Pennsic is Over! :(

I'm putting the subject header in the message body since until I get
back to school my postings should be showing up as non member
submissions to the list.

- ---

I had a wonderful time at the Cooks' List Potluck.  I seem to recall
having a larger tent last year and I think we need one again this year.
It was great meeting people and talking with them, though I think I did
more meet and greet with the other early arrivers than anyone else.  At
one point, due to having wheels, I was designated an hors d' ouevre
tray.  This was delightfully silly.

Now that I have actually met and spent time with certain list persons I
have much higher opinions of some and much lower opinions of others.  I
wish the lower opinions were otherwise.  I won't give the reasons for my

opinions but the people in question should know both who and why this
is...

Other than the potluck, the absolute best meal I had all War was the
dinner I ate at Clann Ohoda.  They are located across from the solar
showers and an absolute must to go and visit.  Cool people in a well
organized camp with a well organized kitchen and lots of food!  Though
it turned out they didn't actually need my help :( I offered it as their

kitchen was even wheelchair accessible!!!  They also had a fellow (I
believe his name was Pug) running a camp bakery... truly delightful.

The Ansteorran Chili night was also quite lovely.  Rare is the party
that is well lit and reasonably quiet.  This was absolutely wonderful as

was the chili... I hate to think what Gunthar's Nuclear Chili would be
like though if that were his mild...

I won't say anything about SPCA other than the location of the campsite
was lovely.

Akim's Quince paste and Quince jam were lovely.  I think I preferred the

paste but both were heavenly.  He also brought 20 pounds of
elderberries, which I got to taste for the first time in my life.  drool

drool drool.  The cans of escargot, however, were never opened... oh
well.