SC - Acorns (Maister Hanns 1460 etc.)

TG gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Thu Aug 24 01:47:11 PDT 2000

> > Maister Hanns, des von Wirtenberg Koch: Guot Ding
> > von allerlay Kochen (1460).
<snip>
> What is "Hg. von Tupperware"?  In America, Tupperware is a
> manufacturer of plastic food containers.  My mind is
> boggling about a connection between them and 15th
> century German cookbooks.

"Hg." is "herausgegeben", published by. Over here, Tupperware has
sponsored five facsimile editions of old German cookbooks:

- -- Nuernberger Kochbuch 1609 (facsimile only)
- -- Maister Hanns 1460 (facsimile, transcription, translation into modern
German, comments)
- -- Rheinfraenkisches Kochbuch 1445 (facsimile, transcription,
translation, comments)
- -- Muenchner Kochbuchhandschriften aus dem 15. Jahrhundert (facsimile,
transcription, translation, comments)
- -- There is also the Buch von guter Speise, but for this text the Hayer
edition is more important.

As far as I know, Tupperware donated about 2000 copies of each to the
public libraries of Germany, the rest of the books is sold by Ludwig
Auer, Donauwoerth (auer-verlag at t-online.de).

Thomas