SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Aug 25 06:21:23 PDT 2000

Interesting idea.  I suspect it might appeal to a lot of people, and, if it
earned a good enough following, might wean some otherwise doubting Thomases into
trying period foods!

My questions would have to do with logistics, for the most part:
    1.  Who would do the cooking?  Would a group of people share in the cooking
and running of the booth?
    2.  Who would provide the "front money" for the food?
    3.  Where would the equipment for such a venture come from?
    4.  What would happen to the profits, if any?
    5.  What about Pennsylvania food laws?  I know that to do something like
this in Maryland, each cook would have to be licensed by the state, as would the
establishment.

Kiri