SC - Mallinkrodt, Tupperware, translations, Arbeit, qata'if

TG gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Fri Aug 25 15:56:55 PDT 2000

<< I guess we should be grateful for these companies and their interest
in preserving historical cookbooks. >>

You are absolutely right!

<< Now I am wishing that Tupperware would donate some of those German
historical cookbooks to American libraries also. Properly translated, of
course. >>

Of course! Properly translated ...

<< Is it possible that the original translation says chicken but the
actual word is 'fowl' including duck as an option instead of chicken? >>

Did we see some comments whether Arberry's translation is a _proper_
translation or not? (Re: _Properly translated, of course_)

<< Arbeit macht das Leben süß, nicht wahr? >> (German saying: 'work
sweetens live')

According to a beautiful portrait of the French artist Auguste Rodin by
the German poet Rilke, Rodin's motto was: "Toujours travailler".
Ok, Rodin was an artist ... And Rilke was an artist, too.

I am very much looking forward to your qata'if experience!

Thomas