SC - Elderflower tart

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 14:33:50 PDT 2000

Here is elderflower puddding which you could make up and put in a tart.

Phillipa

In the name of the Holy  Trinity I, Sabina Welserin, begin this cookbook. God
grant me His holy grace and wisdom and understanding and judgment with which
I through His Holy will live  here in this time and  with Him forever. Amen.
anno 1553

38 To make elderflower pudding

Take elder flowers, boil them in milk and strain them, make a firm dough from
eggs and flour and roll it into a thin flat cake, cut it into the shape of
little worms and put them into the milk, salt it and put fat into it and let
it cook