SC - crats and prima donnas

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Tue Aug 29 11:28:24 PDT 2000

> The request for finger foods was not out of place but to define that was,
> IMO. If an autocrat cannot find a kitchen steward that is trusted to work
> independently, I would question the need for such a position in the first
> place or at the very least question the 'team' that the autocrat has formed.

You know what's funny? The person who made the request was NOT the
autocrat, but the person who is organizing the activities for the event.
She was backed up by a couple of other people who were in charge of other
aspects. That's why I said "Person in Charge" not autocrat.
Because there is such a strong tradition of working together in my group,
though, I didn't want to say 'No' without some sort of logical backup--
such behavior is seen as being a prima donna, whether is comes from an
MOL, a cook, a teacher or an autocrat. ;)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

" Oh, Adam was a gardener, and God who made him sees
That half a proper gardener's work is done upon his knees,
So when your work is finished, you can wash your hands and pray
For the Glory of the Garden, that it may not pass away!" -- Kipling