SC - That ubiquitous site!

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Aug 29 22:17:46 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Olwen the Odd

> What is a donut machine?? I have all sorts of images flashing through my
> mind.

Well, in this case, it is a device a bit like an electric waffle iron or
sandwich maker.  One puts batter (about a tablespoonful) into each of 6
donut shaped molds and then closes the lid. They cook for about 3 minutes
and then one has perfectly shaped, bite-sized donuts (complete with hole).
I picked it up from a local second-hand dealer for AU$11 when I went in to
find Jessie a wetsuit for some up-coming sail training.  I love gadgets and
couldn't resist.  I made a mass of these little donuts for a meeting the
following day and they were very popular. I really like the fact that these
donuts are baked and not deep-fried (I am not a confident deep-fryer).

I get the feeling, BTW, that most basic quickbread recipes would work in it.

Gwynydd