SC - OT - freezing things

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Wed Aug 30 02:29:27 PDT 2000

Ilaria wrote:

>Is sour cream freezable?  There is a spectacular sale on it and I will need
>largish amount in 6 weeks. Problem is, it expires in 4. But the price is
>worth asking the question if anyone on the list knows.

No, it isn´t really. Sour cream tends to separate when thawed and it is
difficult if at all possible to get the same consistency again. It can still
be used in some recipes, of course. Sour cream kept two weeks past its
sell-by date could be quite all right but then again it might not. I´ve
experienced both.

Nanna