Food Gadgets (was Re: SC - That ubiquitous site!) OOP

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Wed Aug 30 21:50:38 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:   margali
> A few years back, in the Navy Exchange catalog they had a potato chip
machine...They also had the ultimate breakfast machine as well.>

Now these sound like fun (I really love gadgets)!  For a while my Lady and I
had a Teasmaid (SP??) which was an alarm clock with tea making capabilities.
The water would be heated in the metal pot and then it would be siphoned
over to the ceramic pot which had been filled with tea leaves the night
before.  Then the alarm would go off so that one could wake up to a fresh
cup of hot tea.  Unfortunately, the ceramic jug got broken and anyway it was
a bit of a hassle having to set up the milk, sugar, and cups the night
before.  But it was a fun toy for a while.

Gwynydd