Filo/phyllo-- was [Re: SC - duck and bread]

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Aug 31 09:27:22 PDT 2000

Well, I have black bean paste that is a fermented product and red bean paste that
is essentially adzuki beans and sugar cooked in water and is a fairly thick
peanut butter textured paste, and if you look at the proceedure for making tofu -
ground soy flour mixed into water with a chelating agent to get the proteins to
separate out into curds and whey [more or less] the idea of grinding dried beans
is not untoward.

At this time, as I have now been out of work for 2 months getting a copy of Soup
for the Qan is not an option, and unless people post extensive quotes I will have
no access to anything either I don't already have or is not yet online. I am sort
of waiting for the followup posting on bean paste to come through from Paul's
associate to make a determination.

Also, odd thought while rumaging through the pantry occured, Mung beans are
currently used in a capellini type pasta, anybody have any idea how old mung bean
pasta is and could mung have been the bean in question?
margali