SC -corn in the USA

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Aug 6 06:53:55 PDT 2000

We call it "corn starch."  <g> I checked a number of my mundane
cookbooks (including _Joy of Cooking_, which had a pretty extensive
entry on different types of non-wheat flours), but we seem to
concentrate on "corn starch" as an ultra-fine grain product.  Used
primarily to thicken puddings, sauces, pie fillings, etc.  Also used to
coat pieces of meat in oriental cooking, too, I think.
Hmmm, might have to go down to our local natural food store and see what
they've got....
- --Maire