SC - Re: Pomegranate juice

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon Aug 7 06:31:44 PDT 2000

owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

> Pomegranate wine? Or does it just mean Pomegranate juice? I assume the
>  "grain of Pomegranate" is ground up Pomegranate seeds? I have no idea
>  where I would find those. Anyone have any good substitutes for this?

I have had great success finding pomegranate juice at middle eastern food
stores. IF you find some, make sure to read the label. There are several
variants. One is pomegranate "molasses" as is stated on the bottle. The
ingredients are paste of pomegranate only. It is very thick and has no added
sugar or other products. There is a pomegranate juice which may or may not
have citric acid (maybe for preservation) and sugar in the form of fructose
etc. The former is what I use to make drinks from as it is pure in content. I
use 1 Tablespoon to 1 cup water and add some crushed mint leaves and ice if I
have it. The colder the better!

I havent' bought the other as I wanted to avoid adulterated juice, but it is
less expensive.

Hauviette