SC - Jelly Bean and other flavours

Jeanne Stapleton apiskp at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 13:33:22 PDT 2000

- --- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> Susan Fox-Davis wrote:
>
> > In the place of Every Flavour Beans I bought the
> 39-flavor mixed Jelly Belly
> > beans, which come in a dizzying variety of taste
> treats whilst omitting the
> > dangers of earwax and lasagne flavors.
>
> Lasagne, eh? I knew I forgot something...

This whole thread reminds me of a childhood game my
brothers and I played at the dinner table (I think
they did it mostly to amuse me, being 16 and 11 years
older than me respectively)...we called it Baskin
Robbins 31 flavors.

Lasagne jelly beans are *mild* next to things like
"malted lima bean yogurt surprise".  The one that
finally made Mom bann the game from the dinner table
was the simple yet elegant "vulture vomit".

In college, I carried the idea of this game forward
with "Create-A-Daiquiri", and one of my friends noted
that jarred baby food was the perfect medium in which
to experiment.

Thank heavens strained veal daiquiris never made their
appearance on the party circuit.

Berengaria
(the giggles emitting from my cube are starting to
disturb my fellow workers...)