SC - Xanth Books

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 9 07:31:56 PDT 2000

>  Me, re Piers Anthony: <<Besides, another  successful fantasy author reported
> to me that he treated
> her in a patronizing,  male-chauvinistic manner and that's just really put me
> off the man. >>
>
> Amazing that a person's character would affect judgment regarding his work.
> Only in the modern world.

Sorry, in my particular part of the modern world, personal relationship and
loyalty to friends counts for something.  Besides, I did say I had read them, I
just got bored with the repetitive structure and punmanship. If you're looking
for a community of wordplay, try news biz some time.  Whew!

> Ras (who finds that historical great persons seldom if ever adhere to the
> 'niceties' of their current culture. Queen Elizabeth (my heroine) and
> Alexander the Great (my idol), Thomas Jefferson (my hero) and General Patten
> (my father figure) immediately come to mind).

Well, I admire several of these worthies as well of course, but if they
personally insulted one of my friends, I might think differently.   If someone
goes around badmouthing YOU, I'd leap to your defense too.  It's just the way I
am.  The name may say Fox but the attitude can be more like mother-lioness.

Selene <grrr>