SC - making cheese

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Aug 10 06:27:47 PDT 2000

Lee-Gwen Booth wrote:

> [...]

There's a recipe in the 1970's edition of "The Joy of Cooking" (to me,
the quintessential edition because it has a lot of new stuff but had not
sacrificed the old preserve recipes and such in favor of guava granita)
which calls for, IIRC, gypsum or plaster of Paris.

I don't know if you could use commercial soy milk for dow fu, since a
lot of it is treated to resemble milk, and has things like oil added to
it (see previous comments on homogenized milk for making cheese). I
guess you would have to read the ingredients.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com