SC - Honey Trivia (was Re: Removing Blood Stains)

BalthazarBlack at aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 20:51:04 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/10/00 8:43:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:

>   She has found that a solution of 1%
>  honey will kill golden staph in hours; it is much faster with a higher
>  percentage of honey.  Her suggestion is simply applying the honey directly
>  to the wound for best results.  She also says that she has seen a case of
>  leg ulcers which had persisted, although it was being conventionally
>  treated, for (I think) years clear up in weeks with the application of
>  honey.
>
>  There, isn't that an interesting piece of trivia?

Yes, in fact, that IS an interesting bit of trivia.  I have often wondered
why honey was so microbiologically stable, and always assumed it was due to
the lack of available water and extremely high sugar content... perhaps there
is more to it after all..

Balthazar of Blackmoor

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.