SC - Cooks' List Own Gourmet Ice Cream Flavors

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 11 17:21:45 PDT 2000

Maire wrote:
>I'm suprised no one's suggested cuskeynole flavored ice cream....

Well, it's not exactly a flavor, but you could have, errr, cuskeynole
chunk ice cream, yeah, that's the ticket...

>Hmmm....
>How about hypocras gelato or sorbet? Red wine base with spices.....

yeah, now that sounds tastey.

And isn't there a Medieval pear in red wine with spice recipe? That
might make a good sorbet.

>Or, umm, mead flavored (any of the fruit or spice varieties)?

In a sorbet, with lavender...

>Or an ice cream based on the cherry cheesecake recipe from
>Platina?--something with a decent butterfat content, swirls of cream
>cheese, chopped sour cherries, rose petals, and bits of pie crust?

I'm not a fan of cheesecake ice cream, although i have eaten some.

The rose petals remind me of an Indian frozen dessert i've had,
name's escaping me, made of frozen condensed milk (traditionally you
cook the milk down yourself, not canned stuff), frozen into cone
shapes, with pistachios in it and flavored with rose water...kulfi?

Anahita al-shazhiyya bint-abd' al-Karim
this thread sure beats Mario Nebbits with a Twinkie