Pop Tarts and other Crud, was - Re: SC - Re: upholstery & I couldn't stands it no more

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Aug 14 06:57:45 PDT 2000

Donna Ford wrote:

> I think that must be what I remember.  I was only about 7 when I loved
> those.  Back around '75 or so.  I remember some wonderful "pop tarts"
> that were thicker than those made now and they were shaped like a
> braided rug.  Rather oval from what I remember.  I used to break off the
> individual "braids" and eat them one at a time.  I was just thinking
> about those the other day... Man I wish I had some....
>
> evfemia at mail.com

I vaguely recall the image hitting my retinas, and for some reason or
other the term "Toaster Danish" has been filed away in the same drawer
in my brain. Whether or not this is accurate, I couldn't say. Toaster
Danish seems to be alive and well (saw an ad for chocolate ones -- and
an insult to pan au chocolate they must be, too -- within the past
week), although I wonder if this is a case of an improperly copyrighted
name and an unrelated product with a similar-sounding name.

Anybody remember Buitone Toaster Pizzas? Now those were fun, in a vile
sort of way.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy