SC - OOP Peach cordial recipe

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 19:33:57 PDT 2000

Well, it didn't get through on my Yahoo account, so let's try this again:

Now is the perfect time to put aside cordials for the upcoming Estrella War.
Here is a very mundane recipe for my favorite peach cordial:

1 US gallon peeled, pitted, and sliced peaches (the riper the better, if they
are just a smidgen past ripe even better)
1 US quart granulated sugar
8 liquid oz. water
3 or 4 cinnamon sticks (or more if you like )
1 tsp. whole cloves
1/8 teaspoon candied ginger
1 liter dark rum

Puree peaches in food processor.
Stir in sugar.
Place in non-reactive container and cover lightly with a cloth.
Allow to sit overnight, stirring occasionally.
Add water and spices.
Bring to a rolling boil over high heat and reduce to a simmer.
Stirring frequently, allow to simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
Add rum.
Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Strain and bottle.
Store in a cool, dark space for 2 months.
Siphon into clean bottles, leaving the dregs.
Repeat last two steps once or twice more.
Give as presents to court favor.
or
Serve chilled in tiny cordial glasses
or
Serve over Vanilla Ice Cream
or
Use to marinate porkchops or chicken before grilling (yuuuummmmmmmmm)
This is all from memory, one of my creations, and it's the first time I've
written it down.  Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Mordonna The Cook
SunDragon
Atenveldt
(mka West Phoenix, AZ)