SC - History of Food

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Aug 18 17:36:09 PDT 2000

"Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg" wrote:

> My husband picked up this for me at B&N for $5 -- The History of Food by
> Maguelonne Toussaint-Samat, translated by Anthea Bell.  Can anyone tell me
> how good this is?
>
> Raoghnailt

It is somewhat Francocentric in its approach, and if you want
information about a food you know to be French in origin, you can look
it up and get the whole story. If, on the other hand, there is a food
eaten today in France, but not actually French in origin, it is full of
entertaining stuff about how the French invented it.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com