SC - OT - need advice about vinyl inflatable beds

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Aug 22 00:40:45 PDT 2000

> Was asked:
>
> >Has anyone ever used a vinyl inflatable bed?  Are they any good?  Do you
> >think they will last long or do you think they will get a puncture in
them?

Allow me to add my own personal experience with air mattresses:

My Lady and I, who are not used to - and hate - sleeping alone, decided to
buy one for a camping event.  Well, it was fine for the first part of the
evening, but we became aware of a sinking feeling until our bodies were only
separated from the concrete by the vinyl - no air!  As well, we had both
been forced into the middle as the bed rose, relatively, around us.
Somewhere along the way the bed had developed a hole which we have not yet
been able to plug.  The other thing we found is that the cold from the
concrete floor seeped up to our bodies very fast.

Gwynydd