SC - need calamari advice

DeSevyngy at aol.com DeSevyngy at aol.com
Tue Aug 22 13:02:12 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/22/00 8:43:36 AM Mountain Daylight Time, rispoli at gte.net
writes:

<< My grandmother taught me that the longer you cook calamari the chewier it
 gets.  when she made calamari rings she sauted them with garlic and oil than
 added tomato paste and stirred till the paste and oil combined.
 Save the tenticles they are great in fish salad alond with the rings, conch,
 and shrimp with a vinegar/lemon juice dressing >>

Your grandmother was a wise woman.  I cut my teeth on calamari and the like.
The faster the cooking method the better.  Calamari, like shrimp, will stay
delicate and moist in nature when not over cooked.  Calamari "steaks" do very
well when served "Piccatta" in a creamy lemon and caper sauce, also try using
the ink in risotto, the very delicate flavor off sets a remarkably dramatic
appearance.

Now my stomach is rumbling and I'll have to plan another trip home, you just
can not get fresh seafood in Utah!

Isabeau

HL Isabeau de Sevyngy
Squired to Sir Sakura kita no Maikeru