SC - Re: Wannabe

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Wed Aug 23 20:41:01 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 21 Aug 00,, that Luanne Cupp Bartholomew wrote:

> Greetings from a Lurker!
>
> I am very interested in preparing authentic period food, but I am not what
> you would call a gourmet cook. I am frankly a bit overwhelmed by the
> complexity of the period recipes I've seen.

Greetings, Luane-the-Lurker!  There are quite a few of us here with only
basic cooking skills, who still manage to enjoy medieval cooking.
Which period recipes have you seen and what about them overwhelms
you?  The language?  The ingredients?  Have you seen any of the
cookbooks that contain original recipes, plus modern redactions, such
as _Pleyn Delit_ or _Take a Thousand Eggs_?

If you tell us a little more about your experience, and what kind of
recipes you'd like to try, I'm sure the members of this list can make
quite a few suggestions.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann