SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 25 11:27:42 PDT 2000

I really love this idea, but somehow we never get to Pennsic.  In 20 years I've
never been, and my lord's not been back since the pre-Cooper's Lake era.  If we
go and when we go, I'd love to participate, if only to have a place to 'belong'
in that stranger land.

O for something approaching period food at 'historical re-creation' events.  O
sorrow for the time I was rudely criticized by some self-proclaimed expert for
my [not actually incorrect] costume details, right there in front of the Churros
and Teriyaki stands [not SCA, but at Renaissance Pleasure Faire in the Los
Angeles area].  Churros are nothing but pipefarced cryspes, are they not?  If we
could make a sign for the ubiquitous Churros stands around west coast ren faires
that said something "Spanishe Cryspes" it would make me feel a whole lot better.

Selene
selene at earthlink.net