SC - That ubiquitous site!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Aug 25 23:57:27 PDT 2000

Gwynydd commented:
> It had to happen, I suppose!  I have been searching for "donut machine
> recipes" on Google - one guess which much visited site turned up in the
> search!  Yes, that's right:
>
> Stefan's Florilegium: Period bread recipes and re-creations.
> ......)()()()()()breadmaking-msg - 4/13/99 Period bread recipes and...
> ...-0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: SC - Period Recipes A few of my relatively...
> www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/breadmaking-msg.html - 101k - Cached - Similar
>
> Okay - not exactly what I wanted, but this is proof that it turns up
> everywhere!

Argh. That's the old site. And that particular file is definitely, badly out
of date. It's the old, ugly format too. (the "()()()" etc.). As soon as
I finish moving the rest of the files from that site, we will remove
them. The indexes were removed long ago, but the search engines still
seem to point to the files. "Cached"? I wonder if I'm going to have
old versions still floating around even after I delete the old files.

Google does seem to have indexed the Florilegium much more thoroughly
than others such as Yahoo.

I don't have any donut machine recipes, but you might be interested in
looking a the period "donut" recipes/info in this file in the FOOD-BREAD
section:
fried-breads-msg  (20K)  1/11/00    Period fried breads. Funnel cakes, donuts.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net