SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic?

Morgana Abbey morgana.abbey at juno.com
Sat Aug 26 17:19:17 PDT 2000

I'd like to point out something else about running a food stand:
attitudes.

One of the reasons I've heard for people not being interested in period
food is the snotty attitude they've gotten from some of the cooks of
period food.

Quite simply, be honest about your people skills or lack thereof before
you man a counter.  Yes, this is the SCA and people *should* be more
knowledgable, but spitting on them will only convince them that you're a
socially inept fanatic.  Remember, we wear modern underwear and contact
lenses and take our prescriptions.  If we wanted fanatical behavior, we'd
play with the Civ War people.

Morgana