SC - Protectorate Feast 2 - No recipes

Sun Aug 27 12:08:14 PDT 2000

The Feast is specifically Elizabethan.  I am trying to limit myself to
Tudor, Elizabethan and Jacobean recipes, which means 1485 to 1625.  Most of
the recipes are late in the date range.

The exchange on the Feast was, "I want Elizabethan."  "Okay, I'll give you
as close to real Elizabethan as I can.  Prepared from the original recipes."
"But, it's got to taste good or people won't eat it!"  "When has anyone gone
away from one of my feasts hungry?  When has anyone refused to eat what I
cook?  A person may not like some of the dishes, but the usually find more
than enough to eat.  BTW, do you like spinach?"  "Yes."  "Good, we're having
sweet spinach tart."

Thanks for the recipes.  May is out of the ballpark for this feast, but I
would like to try a feast from his cookbook one day.

Bear