SC - duck and bread

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 20:27:14 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/26/00 8:04:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
margali at 99main.com writes:

<< The third, abbasid qata'if sounds like a filled pita or maybe
 ravioli cooked... >>

It sounds to me like phyllo pastry as a base. I fail to see how others are
getting a noodle interpretation outside the desire to find something
different in the recipe..... Explain, please.... From the poem cited very
thin pastry is suggested....ONLY phyllo fits this description. There is no
noodle dough that does so. When cooked phyllo clearly raises the recipe from
common to the sublime. I cannot see how any caliph would settle for less than
the indicated sublime......

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/