SC - Dining with William Shakespeare

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Aug 28 21:17:02 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Huette

> Congratulations Gwynydd!  I am glad it will go to a
> good home!  I hope that you enjoy your copy as much as
> I do mine.

It is going to be my Christmas present from my Lady (we have opted for the
cheapest postage so we don't expect it to arrive much before Christmas
anyway, and she is always at a loss about what to give me that isn't music -
and I own nearly all of k.d.'s work and a large amount of Bowie's, so she is
running out of ideas there too!).  I jokingly suggested that she should
subscribe to this List so that she can keep up with a would-be medieval
cook's wish list.

Oh, you have my sympathies about your oven-less state.  I have been in this
situation for a few years now and I really miss baking biscuits (I can do
almost everything else that I want to do in the microwave, toaster oven, or
breadmaker).  Christmas dinner is always a bit of a challenge too!  I had a
double oven (one smaller than normal and one larger) and both of those were
pressed into service for Christmas.  Now I have 3 hotplates (one which is
either on or off), 1 microwave (with the wrong plate because I broke the
original; this means that the turntable doesn't), a toaster oven/grill, and
a few odd gadgets (my latest is a donut baker - now that is fun!).  *sigh*

Gwynydd