Filo/phyllo-- was [Re: SC - duck and bread]

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Aug 29 08:21:24 PDT 2000

Elaine Koogler wrote:

> I'm not sure where you can find it.  Paul sent me a copy of the part he wrote as
> a courtesy when I thought I wouldn't be able to get "Soup".  The monograph was
> edited by Reuven Amitai-Preiss and David O. Morgan, and published in 1999 by
> Brill (Leiden, Boston, Koln).  You might try checking your local library to see
> if they can get it on Inter-Library loan.  I suspect that the Library of
> Congress should have a copy of it.

Uh oh. Brill has something of a reputation as being a pain to deal with.
They seem to sell their publications fairly exclusively to grant holders
and others spending university money rather than their own, and so
priced accordingly. (Which may have been the trouble with the Buell
work, too.) I remember the difficulty I had trying to track down the
Grewe translation of Manuscrito Anonimo, which Brill scheduled to
publish, and then never did.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy