Period Foods for Kids [was Re: SC - German cookbooks]

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Aug 30 09:06:20 PDT 2000

Caitlin,

My kids seldom go hungry, at home or at feast (and those of you who know
mt intake-valves-with-legs are surely laughing) and we have even
included some period dishes in our normal fare (Armoured Turniips was a
holiday favorite for awhile). A matter-of-fact attitude that doesn't
sound like you're trying to put one over on them helps.

"What's this?"
"It's called losyns. It's cheese and noodles, kind of a period lasagna."
"Lasagna? Cool!"

Mr. Picky is just as happy that the hated green beans aren't period. #1
doesn't have to worry about tomato sauce burning her mouth. And Miss
Prim loves cinnamon, so we're mostly home free. If I can keep teenagers
happy, a 7 year-old should be fine. They're easier to mold.

'Lainie
missing those goobers...