SC - interesting URL - food shopping!

H B nn3_shay at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 14:45:50 PDT 2000

>It just occured to me just as I was reading this message, what do the
>Arabic countries currently use as their standard measurements?  Are
>they using the same ratls, etc. as their ancestors did?  If yes, then
>why not purchase some measuring cups from your local Arabic market?
>If not, then just forget what I have just said.
>
>Huette

Just because I was curious, I went to EthnicGrocer.com to see if they
had anything like this.  They don't; but lookie what I did find (under
Gifts):

Product: Elizabethan Four Spread Gift Set
SKU Number: EG0300F1475
Brand: ELIZABETHAN
Price: $ 29.99
Availability: In Stock
Weight: 31 oz
A collection of traditional Elizabethan preserves and spreads, made
according to centuries-old English recipes. Each set includes a rich
lemon curd, a brambleberry (blackberry) and apple preserve, a raspberry
curd, and a quince and rosepetal preserve. An elegant gift, sure to be
cherished and enjoyed by any food-lover.

Product: Elizabethan Rose Original Comfits
SKU Number: EG0300F1474
Brand: CHAMBERS CANDY CO.
Price: $ 9.99
Availability: In Stock
Weight: 1.2 oz
About this product:
A handsome gift set, containing 3 individual pill or "comfit" boxes;
these decorative boxes, popular in Elizabethan England, were made to
carry tiny, candy-coated seeds, used to sweeten the breath. This
traditional set is filled with candied fennel seeds, flavored with
peppermint, cinnamon, and lemon coatings. These dainty confections bear
a sweet, lingering anise flavor, within a crunchy, flavored shell.

Product: Paella Kit
SKU Number: EG0300N2534
Brand: MAS PORTELL
Price: $ 49.95
Availability: In Stock
Weight: 1 box
Paella made easy. The sensory masterpiece that is Spain's national
dishis now accessible for the home chef with this inspiring paella kit.
Complete with paella pan, native Calasparra rice, Spanish smoked
paprika, saffron, olive oil, and pimento peppers, this kit will bring
the sun-drenched shores of Spain to your home—just add your own seafood
and fresh vegetables.

Just because I want company in my deprived misery (birthday was LAST
week, already got presents).

- -- Harriet