SC - A request for assiatance

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Thu Aug 31 09:58:17 PDT 2000

Greetings to the List.
	I am the Co Autocrat of the Baronial Archery Championsip on Oct 7th.  Due
to the person who had orrigianaly expressed an intrest in the project
declinining to do the feast I must come up with a Day Board/Luncon for the
people attending.  The chalenge is that the feast must be precooked or done
on barbque grills/hotplates due to there being no kitchen avalable on site.
 What I would like to have is a brunch/picknic meal from the Carolingian
Empire- periodal if not accurate.  There will be @80 people there & I will
have $4/person to play with- I am seeking easly prepaird dishes that can be
transported & reheated or served at room tempature.  I will have all day
Friday to cook the feast.  Are there any suggestions?
Things I would like suggestions for:
what kind of store bought bread is a reasonable substitue for the period
bread?
spreads or relishes that would go on the bread
a couple of kinds of period cheeses
appropreate fruits & raw vegitables
a Vegitable Soup or Stew
a Mulled Cider or other warm beverage
a Sausage or Roasted Meats
a fruit tart/apple pie
	I am opperating out side of my own time frame of intrest & don't have any
refrences for this area.  Please help.
Hej!
Lord Olaf Of Trollhiemsfjord,
Award of Arms,
Companion of the Burdened Tyger.
Companion of the Millstone,
Canton of Aschehyrst,
Barony of Carolingia,
Kingdom of the East
MKA
Jim Revells
Holliston, MA

"When any government,or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are
forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how
holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind
has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free
man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not
anything -- you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."
- --Robert A. Heinlein