SC - Re: Period Foods for Kids

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Aug 31 11:00:52 PDT 2000

At 9:52 AM -0400 8/31/00, Philippa Alderton wrote:
>Ras skrev:
>
>>Perhaps we could incorporate that idea also along with children's feasts
>where >the children are only allowed to sit on the floor or stand at the
>table.

>Dunno, my friend. Kids at feast, sat down firmly next to their parents, is
>an anachronism that I suspect we'd better learn to deal with.

In my experience, it is reasonably common at SCA feasts to have older
kids doing much of the serving--which is getting close to the period
model. And if they are doing the serving, they presumably have to be
fed somewhere.

As to smaller children, I don't know either whether they would have
been at a period feast (my guess is not, but I don't really know) or
where.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/