SC - Iron Chef advice

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 2 11:05:16 PDT 2000

Hullo all, I've just re-subbed to this list.

Iron Chef huh?  We're about to try it out on the unsuspecting SCA public in a
play-test in about a week and a half, just to see if it catches on.  If it does,
we'll take challenges from wherever cooks abide.  If it doesn't, well, we'll have
fun anyway and a good lunch besides.

On August 12, I face Lord Gwydioan am y'Gorlwyn in an "Iron Chef" tournament du
cuisine at the annual Altavia Japanese Tourney in the Barony of Altavia [San
Fernando/Santa Clarita Valleys, Los Angeles, California].  Who says arts
competitions are boring?  Heralds, fanfare, trash-talking and yummy fun all
around.

Lord Jared Blaydeaux will serve as the "Chairman" and booth announcer, Lord
Padraig as roving reporter "Otah," Mistress Huette Aliza von und zu Ahrens und
Mechtildberg is our ever-exacting food expert [sort of Hatori, sort of Kishi].
Baron Duryn the Red, co-propriator of the Green Frog Kitchen, will also be on the
commentary panel.  A raffle will be held to determine the four judges, to benefit
the Barony.

Gwydioan will cook in the style of Medieval Europe;  I will cook in the style of
improvisiational Asian/Pacific with emphasis on Japanese.  The theme ingredient
is Plums.

Food and supplies provided by me, tools by both cooks and the baron.  Any
questions?  Any suggestions?  Anyone want a mint?

Yours in service,
Selene

The Honourable Lady Selene Colfox
OLC, OHA, ODC, SR etc.
Pursuivant sans portfolio, Caid
Protégée to Baroness Catriona nicChlurain, O.P. [dec.]
selene at earthlink.net