SC - Paella

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Aug 3 00:53:51 PDT 2000

>Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
>> What is "Paella"?

A kind of Saffron risotto regional to valencia.

A traditional paella doesn't have seafood in it (like they mainly do these
days) but snails and rabbit.  It's usually cooked in a heavy, flat, and round
lipped pan used specifically for paella and cooked over a pine wood fire.  The
pine wood is essential for getting the right taste (according to valencians).
There's also an interesting version called paella negrro which uses squid ink
to turn it black.

Damn, I'm getting hungry.  I think I know what I'm making for dinner tonight!

Drake.