SC - Toys for Tots and other comments

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Aug 4 19:41:00 PDT 2000

piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:

<< In fact, there have been times when the toys are actively good things.
When
 Australian soldiers went to East Timor they found that children were
 (unsurprisingly) very wary of uniforms and so helping them was difficult. >>

The vast majority of actual toys given to TFT are distributed in the USA,
agreed/BUT the
monetary donations are about 98 percent to administration 2 per cent to the
cause. It doesn't take an expert to see who's bread is buttered on the right
side. If the percentages were reversed fine. otherwise, get someone else to
run the program for less money or, alternatively, let fools waste their money
where they will. I don't 'give' to the cancer foundation, the lung
association, the red Cross for the same reason. Goods yes, money NEVER.
Anyway I still maintain that the child in question are just as well off
playing with a stick or patting pies in a mud puddle. Modern 'thoughts'
regarding healthy psychological development are, in a nut shell, a bunch of
bull crap. Yuppie 'feel good' charities' involving children's causes are only
a step behind.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/