SC - Coeliac Foods & a recipe

Sat Aug 5 11:02:31 PDT 2000

The questions was what was meant by "real cornflour."  In the US, this would
be maize flour, or masa farina, as it is more commonly known locally.  The
use of the term cornflour for anything other than maize might be considered
false advertising and I have never seen it used in reference to fine wheat
flour in the US, although I have seen masa farina and corn flour also
labelled as maize flour to clear denote what the product is.

In British usage, corn is less specific, usually meaning wheat, barley, oats
or maize, depending on locale.  I was curious as to whether "real cornflour"
was specific or general in application.  From your reply, the usage appears
to general.

Bear