SC - Coeliac Foods & a recipe

Drake & Meliora meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au
Sat Aug 5 16:01:45 PDT 2000

Bear & Gwynedd,

I'm the person that created this confusion.  On Australia shelves we can buy
wheat flour, corn flour, wheaten cornflour, corn starch, wheat starch, corn
meal and polenta.

My mum is a Coeliac and has recently been warned by her doctor NOT to ingest
American maize flour (which frankly is what I thought cornflour was).

I specified the term "real cornflour" in an erroneous attempt to specify
"cornflour" as the product is labelled on Australian supermarket shelves -
as I was responding to another Australian on this list - and forgot it would
confuse everyone else.  At this point in time I really don't know what
cornflour is actually comprised of.  I have written to one of our large
supermarket brands to ask.

Mel.